If you are a stay at home mom you are basically a day (and night) care provider. I think that is a beautiful thing. I also think it is one of the hardest jobs on the planet. And if you compare it to what the average daycare provider actually earns, being a stay at home mom is one of the lowest paid jobs on the planet. You’re on call pretty much all day and night and you have multiple duties and several job titles.
If you’re a stay at home mom it is because you can afford to be a stay at home mom or because you can’t afford to be a working mom like this mom;
“Having three small children it’s hard to rely on just my husbands income. And when I began applying for jobs my entire income would be going towards daycare.” ~ Leslie M.
A lot of stay at home moms are looking to make more money. One thing you can do is start an in-home day care business. My wife Margee did this for a couple of years and was very successful. It can be tough but if you love kids and you have a little bit of teacher in you it can be profitable and rewarding.
For example, the average salary for a center based Daycare Provider is $24,000 while the average salary for an in-home Daycare Provider is $20,000. That may not seem like a big difference but if you do the math you’ll see that the in-home daycare provider can make a lot more.
According to the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA), the average cost of center-based daycare in the United States is $11,666 per year ($972 a month). Let’s say you’re charging $800 per child per month and you’re providing daycare for 10 children. That’s $8,000 per month or $96,000 per year. Now that is a huge difference!
The following charts will compare the average salaries for daycare providers by job title (source = www.indeed.com/salary)
So, if you want to make more money as a stay at home mom, do some research and find out what you need to do to become an in home daycare provider.
If, however, you don’t want to deal with the insurance, the no-shows, the germs, the late pickups, the noise, the diapers, and everything else that comes with an in-home daycare business…
You may want to consider starting an online business.
- Men’s Underwear Buying Tips May 23, 2018
- Dora Moore September 3, 2016
- How to Write an Article September 2, 2016
- CSR 2 Racing – How to Beat Tyler Shax from Shax Industries August 18, 2016
- How to Tune Your CSR2 Cars for Optimum Performance August 10, 2016
- CSR Racing International – How to Beat Yoshiro April 9, 2016
- CSR Racing International World Tour Tips – FXX K La Finale April 3, 2016
- How to Calculate How Much You Need to Retire Based on the Music You Like March 11, 2016
- Happy Valentines Day From CSR Racing February 14, 2016
- New CSR Racing Update December 15, 2015